Essilor Launches Varilux Advertising Campaign
Advertisements Target Presbyopes with Right Solution for Every Need
DALLAS – (April 11, 2008) –Essilor of America, Inc. announces its new Varilux® advertising campaign, featuring print advertisements that will run through the end of 2008, in selected industry publications nationwide. The advertisements promote the advantages of Varilux products in providing the sharpest vision possible for all types of patients.
Each advertisement features an example of a unique and challenging patient type with different vision care needs. From Pete, a pilot who needs precise vision to read his instruments and sharp distance vision to see the runway, to Susan, a fashion designer who needs to work at the drawing table and watch the catwalk, the ads convey that Essilor provides a solution to fit the unique needs of each patient. Varilux lenses use cutting-edge technology to offer a wide range of unique designs to meet those needs and provide the best possible vision.
“Varilux lenses provide the best vision possible for all presbyops, no matter how complex the prescription,” said Carl Bracy, vice president of marketing for Essilor. “We are confident this campaign will help eyecare professionals [ECPs] present the product to their patients.”
Varilux, the most prescribed progressive eyeglass lens in the world by ECPs, offers high-definition sight that allows vision beyond 20/20. Worldwide, more than 300 million eyeglass wearers have chosen Varilux lenses.
• Varilux Physio® lenses deliver the sharpest progressive vision available.
• Varilux Ellipse® lenses are the only lenses scientifically proven to work better in the range in which most narrow frames are sold: 14 – 16mm.
• Varilux Comfort® lenses are the world’s best-selling PAL due to quick, easy wearer adaptation. 360º Optimization is available on all three lenses for wider fields of vision through reduced peripheral distortion.
ECPs can further customize lenses to meet patients’ needs by combining Varilux lenses with
Crizal® anti-reflective coating and Transitions® IV, the new standard in photochromic
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than 8,500 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, DEFINITY® ,Thin&Lite® and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Essilor, Varilux, Varilux Comfort, Ellipse, Physio, Crizal and DEFINITY are registered trademarks of Essilor International. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark of Essilor of America, Inc. Transitions is a registered trademark of Transitions Optical, Inc.
Media Contact Information
Essilor of America
Latest Press Releases
- 04/30/2015 Essilor Announces 2015 Student Grant Award Recipients
- 04/28/2015 Essilor Vision Foundation and Kids Vision For Life Present Kids Vision Fest On April 30 - May 1
- 03/27/2015 Essilor Announces Summer Internship For Optometry Student
- 03/20/2015 Vision Impact Institute Announces Expanded Mission and Strategy